Debit Card Loss or Fraud
To report a Debit card lost or stolen please call 1-800-255-4194 (select Option 4-additional options, then select Option 3 for Lost or stolen Debit Card).
Credit Card Loss or Fraud
To report a Community National Bank Credit Card lost or stolen please call 1-800-367-7576 (option 1 is lost or stolen Credit Card.)
Are you alerted when your CNB Credit Card is used?! Catch fraud ASAP! Use CARD ALERTS for your CNB Credit card.
CNB has launched Card alerts to add an additional level of security for your consumer and business cards. Cardholders can receive alerts via text or email and they will be able to customize alerts based on their individual preferences. Alerts can be established for your account activity including
- Approaching credit line
- Purchases over a selected amount
- Purchases outside of selected states
- International Purchaes
- Online and phone purchase where the card is not physically present
- Declined Transactions
**Please note if you have a debit card and a credit card you will need to report each to the appropriate card center and then please alert the Bank during regular banking hours. Thank you.
Protect Your Card
In the past few months, banks across the country have experienced significant loss due to debit card "skimming". Skimming is where criminals steal information from your debit card during a legitimate transaction, later transferring that information to a counterfeit card and then using the card to make purchases on your account. This activity has recently escalated to epidemic proportions. Rest assured, we are monitoring all customer accounts closely, looking for transactions outside your normal geographic area of use.
Even with debit card fraud on the rise, you should continue to feel safe using your CNB debit card. Your account is protected against loss from fraud if you report to us within 60 days of the fraudulent transaction appearing on your bank statement. To avoid compromise and inconvenience to you and your account we recommend and strongly suggest you follow these precautions:
- Treat your card like cash. Keep it in a safe place in your possession.
- Keep your personal identification number (PIN) a secret. Don't disclose to anyone, not even us.
- Never allow a cashier or anyone else to enter your PIN for you, even to assist you. Block the view of others when using your PIN at terminals. Do not keep your PIN with your card.
- Never disclose information about your card in response to an unsolicited e-mail or request.
- Report a lost or stolen card to us immediately.
- Carefully review your account statements as soon as you receive them.
- Use our free online banking site, www.cnbbanking.com and/or our telephone banking 1-800-255-4194 available to you 24 hours a day to watch for unauthorized use.
- Keep your phone number current on our system to reach you during the day if we need to verify debit activity.
- We do not recommend the use of your debit card on internet transactions.
We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause you and want to assure you that providing the best service possible to our customers is of the utmost importance to us.